For many lucky girls around the world, their Dad is their hero.
Dads teach us how to ride bikes and laugh from our stomachs.
They take us on adventures we can’t ever forget.
They protect us like a literal human shield, from all life’s bad things.
My Dad is that Dad.
And here are 10 things he’s taught me about life.
1. You can never be too early to catch a train or a flight. (2-3 hours before is mandatory, but anything above 3 hours, and you’re gold.)
2. Don’t worry if you can’t make it to a birthday party, but always make sure you attend a funeral.
3. Mixing a single malt with Coca Cola is a sissy thing to do. Drink it on the rocks. Like a boss.
4. Always do more than what is expected of you. Much, much more. And do not expect anything in return.
5. It is not nice to stand too close to boys in photographs.
6. If you have to read aloud at an event, the only thing to remember is to read slowly.
7. Try all the crazy things you want to. Just try them at home.
8. When you’re sad, watch The Tom and Jerry Show and you’ll feel better instantly.
9. If you really love something, chase it with everything you have. You will reach it.
10. Family always comes first.
There are so many more, but these are the ones I try to live by.
The ones that are now a part of me.
The ones I might pass on a daughter some day.
Mom says I am very much like my Dad. And nothing makes me prouder.
So this one is for you, Papa.
The first man I ever loved.
Baker of the softest cakes.
Granter of my every wish.
Protector from every pain.
Filler of my fridge.
Teacher of tough lessons.
Encourager of my every dream.
My biggest supporter.
My first hero.
My shoulder, my safe haven, my strength.
For everything you’ve taught me by example, and for everything you are, I love you more and more each day.
Thank you for being my rock.
I wish I could send you some of this wonderful Paleo chocolate, but it’d melt.
This Paleo chocolate is THE only Paleo hack you need.
Just a few simple ingredients and some stirring will result in the most dark, bitter, smooth, silken chocolate ever.
I feel like chocolate was the one thing I was really missing on my Paleo challenge and now I can eat it while being 100% Paleo!
This stuff is crazy rich though, so don’t eat a whole lot at once like I did. You’ll get a tummy ache😛
Since coconut oil is the base, you will be able to taste it a little, so I wouldn’t recommend it if you can’t stand the smell/taste of coconut.
You can make them in mini cupcake cases, and top them with nuts.
Or cut up in haphazard shapes🙂
A little goes a long way – the piece will melt gently between your fingers as you nibble on it, so you can lick your fingers after as well🙂
Prep time: 5 mins
Makes: 20-30 pieces
120 ml coconut oil, melted
100 g cocoa powder
2 tbsp wild organic honey (or maple syrup), plus more to taste if you want
pinch of sea salt
assorted nuts (optional)
1. Pour the coconut oil into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder a little at a time, stirring to mix well.
2. Add the honey and salt and stir everything togther until well mixed. Taste and add a little more honey if it is too bitter for you.
3. Pour into mini cupcake cases and top with nuts if you like, or pour over a parchment-covered tray and spread out to an even layer. Freeze for 2-3 hours. Roughly chop up the chocolate on the tray and store in a box in the fridge. The chocolate minis should also be stored in the fridge.
I’m telling you – Paleo never tasted this good!
Have a fantastic day my darlins🙂